JESUS REBUKED TWO ELEMENTS - THE RAGING STORM AND THE RAGING FEAR : Mk 4:39-40
v39- “And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm”.
2017 U.S. Census Bureau, 19.7 million children, more than 1in 4, live without a father in the home.
WHEN IS A FATHER ABSENT?
1. When he is not at home at all.
2. When he is at home, but not connected with the children.
As Jesus was to ascend into heaven,
He handed the details and fulfilment of His work of redemption to certain chosen men and instructed them to take the message to others.
INCONTROVERTIBLE FACTS ABOUT HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION:
Evidences of His death, burial and resurrection
- Irrefutable, unassailable and unquestionable. (Matthew 27:62-64)
- Infallible proofs. (Acts 1:3).
1. GIVING APPROPRIATE RESPONSE TO THE LOVE OF A TRUE FRIEND.
2. TUMULTUOUS WELCOME OF OUR KING AND MESSIAH.
3. WHATEVER YOU DO FOR CHRIST HAS REWARDS OR CONSEQUENCES.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO REPAY GOOD WITH EVIL.
Nutrition refers to the science that studies the process in which individuals ingest and make use of food for the production of energy, growth, repair and maintenance of body tissues.
Text : John 12:23-26.
God’s interest and desire is for His house to be filled with co builders. Many are members with the heart.
Unfortunately, many are members only with the mouth.
TEXT: Matthew 28:18, Luke 9:23
Discipleship is fundamental to the monumental work of building the body of Christ.
It is central to the accomplishment of Christ’s mandate on the great commission.
TEXT: 1 JOHN 1:1-10.
Welcome to the last General Communion of the year. Through its grace, God will preserve all of into the new year 2019.
Jesus himself had invited us to fellowship with Him at his table this morning. There is a blessedness awaiting us as we open our hearts to his word.
UNDERSTANDING THE STATIONS OF LIFE
Isaiah 40: 27-31 .
As we approach the end of the year, each one of us are at different stations of life.
These stations does not follow a particular order. In fact an individual may have experienced more than one or all of these this year alone. We may have even experienced it in different areas of life - moral, academic, profession, marriage, ministry, spiritual, financial etc.
- Jesus went through all these stations in life.
TEXT: Eccl 7: 1 - 8. .
It is also called the ‘Third Age’ of life. So many years after saying “I do”, your relationship has grown richer and deeper. Against all odds and not all perfect, you have built a relationship, a home, a family, a life.
TEXT: Book of James.
James is the first of a group of New Testament books grouped as General Epistles. General Epistles are letters written by Holy men but not directed to specific persons or churches.
Other books in this category are first and second Peter; first, second and third John, and Jude. Along with these books, the Epistle of James had challenges before it gained its due recognition in the Church.
TEXT: 2 Samuel 6:11-23 .
Here we notice a face off between DAVID and Michal, his first wife who was the daughter of Saul. Saul initially used his two daughters as a bait to kill David. Saul denied David a marriage to her first daughter. 1 SAMUEL 18:17-19.
The second daughter, Michal fell in love with David, and that was going to fit into Saul's plan. 1 Samuel 18:20-28. There marriage was so lovely, Michal was willing to risk her life to save David's life. 1 SAMUEL 19:11-17.
TEXT: Deuteronomy 33:1-6.
The chapter we read is about the blessing Moses pronounced upon the children of Israel. Moses may have pronounced this blessing for two major reasons.
1. As the first leader of that constituted nation, it was necessary that he blessed them so that the promise of God can come to pass upon the people he had laboured to midwife alongside with God. PAUL also did so in Acts 20:32
2. He was likely very much aware of how Jacob blessed his own children. He may be imitating Jacob, and then use that opportunity to correct and reverse some obnoxious pronouncements.
TEXT: 1 Peter 3:1-7.
AIM : This message will serve the following purposes
- That none of us is alone in the challenges of marriage. Don't be unnecessarily alarmed and disillusioned.
- None need to give up or run away or take a weird decision.
- To give information and reflect on what is happening in our marriages.
TEXT: Job 42:1-6
Loss has been a constant foe of human beings since the fall. In fact, man started losing things since he lost his position with God.
It comes in different forms:
- It could be a loss of children not walking with Jesus.
- It could be the loss of a loving marriage.
- It could be the loss of vital health organs.
- It could be the loss of a dear one in the family to death.
- It could be the loss of opportunities or valuables.
TEXT: Judges 9:1-15
1. A woman was a "behind the scene" person. She taught and mentored thestudents in her home Church in the 1980s and 1990s. She also continued to teach children of her former students. For 40 years, she faithfully ministered to two generations of believers in the same family.
Since October 2012, she fought late stage cancer until after two major surgeries and many rounds of chemo; she finally succumbed to the dreadful disease on August 2, 2015.
In the last 3 years of pain, she didn't stop caring for others. She was very clear about the work God had given to her. SHE LIVED FOR PURPOSE.
TEXT: ESTHER 8:1-17
OBSERVATIONS IN THE BOOK OF ESTHER
1. God was not mentioned in the book.
2. The word "Jew" appeared 6 times while "Jews" appeared 40 times in KJV version.
It was through this name that we know the God of Israel was involved in the account.
- The name was derived from the patriarch Judah and was used to describe the southern kingdom, in contradiction to the northern kingdom called Israelites.
- During the Captivity and restoration, the name extended to the entire nation.
- The nation was originally known as Hebrews.
TEXT: ISAIAH 28:1-8.
Chapters 28-33 was a continuous prophecy concerning the destruction of Ephraim. The chapter starts with a denunciation of the approaching ruin of the Israelites by Shalmaneser, Assyrian king.
The entire chapter was about the sins of Israel and the woes and judgment that will come upon them.
In the few 6 verses under consideration, there were two woes against the entire land.
Theme : SPIRITUAL INTIMACY (Judges 13:1-25).
This cry of the MMU (Men's Missionary Union) at the National Level this year 2018, is congruous with the heartbeat of God when He formed man at the beginning.
Spiritual intimacy was a driving impulse of God, when He created them male and female and put them in the serene and comfort zone, called the Garden of Eden.
God so orchestrated it that, man was close to Him, the creator; husband and wife were intimately related; both were equally close to nature. .
AIM: The aim of this message is found in 1 Peter 5:10. After suffering for a while, God will Perfect, Stablish, Strengthen and Settle you.
• I have often wondered why God took the descendants of Israel to Egypt to suffer as bond-slaves for 430 years. .
According to John C. Maxwell, our attitudes are our most important Assets. Your attitude is primarily how you react to your experiences in life. Charles Swindoll said “I am convinced that life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% how I react to it”.